Vins de Sancerre
PAN-FRIED SCAMPI TAILS
WITH TOMATO AND RED PEPPER CHUTNEY
- 3 red peppers
- 2 large onions
- 350 g Golden Delicious apples
- 400 g tomatoes
- 600 g coarse sugar
- 1.8 l wine vinegar
- 1/8 l sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1 teaspoon powdered white mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 24 large scampi tails
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 300 g mixed salad greens
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel and finely dice the onions and peppers. Heat the vinegar and sugar. When the sugar has dissolved, add the vegetables, fruit, spices, and crushed garlic cloves. Let cook 10 minutes.
- Pan fry the scampi tails in the clarified butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad greens with the vinaigrette.
- Arrange the scampi on one half of the plate and top with a large spoonful of chutney. Garnish the other half of the plate with the salad.
Recipe created by Gilles TOURNADRE
of the restaurant GILL in Rouen
Serve with our SANCERRE BLANC
Place de l'eglise - 18300 Bué - +33(0)2.48.54.08.10